Friday, August 31, 2012

Blog Revival!

Friends! Despite the long drought of no posts, I am back with a vengeance. I sometimes just have this feeling when I want something soo delicious but I can't pin point what I want. In reality, I just want to bake and I won't sleep until I satiate my need. My best friend (http://runningintoahealthylife.blogspot.com/) has been nagging me to blog for a couple weeks now and it's not like I haven't been baking, but I just needed an internal nudge. So I decided to go with a Classic but always delicious treat: Peanut butter oatmeal cookies.... they melt in your mouth cookies. I made one batch with chocolate chips too!




Even though people rave about my baking, I'm no pro so I decided to check out a recipe then put my own twist on it. Google, is the best....search anything and you'll get exactly what you want....and easy recipes are the best. So this is what Google came up with for me courtesy of Simply Recipes:

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/4 cup flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
 
Directions
1 Beat the butter until creamy for about 2 minutes. Add the sugars and beat for 2 more minutes. Mix in the peanut butter and egg. Then mix together the dry ingredients. Stir the dry ingredients into the sugar butter mixture.
2 Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate at least 3 hours or I just put the bowl in the freezer while the oven preheated and in between batches. Works just the same ;)
3 Preheat oven to 375°F. Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Place about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with a fork. Bake until light brown, 9 to 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for a minute; transfer to rack to cool completely.
For chewier cookies, bake at 300°F for 15 minutes.



-Baking the World a Better Place!

1 comment: