Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Fall Favorites!


It's finally Autumn!

Fall is my favorite season of the year. I love the crisp air, the cute clothes, and of course it's football season! But above all else, fall food is comfort food. My favorite fall meal is my mother's potato soup, it's creamy and delicious and warms my belly.

On Monday, it was cold and rainy and it had been quite a long day, so i decided to put on some sweats and bake for a while. I decided to go with a classic during fall, Pumpkin Bread. I love everything pumpkin; the seeds, jackolanters, pumpkin pie, pumpkin bars, and the list goes on. My original plan was to try a new recipe and make pumpkin bread in the crockpot, but the bread pan was too big, so I just decided to make it in the oven.

I found a great, easy recipe that made two loaves on one of the blogs I follow called: My Baking Addiction.



Ingredients:
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups sugar (I used light brown sugar)
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 tablespoons pumpkin spice (I used 1 tbsp cinnamon and 1 tbsp nutmeg)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8.5 x 4 x 2.5 inch loaf pans.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl with an electric mixer, combine pumpkin, eggs, oil, water, vanilla and sugar until well blended.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice until well combined.
4. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour batter into the prepared pans.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

The best way to eat the bread is warm with a little smear of butter!

Baking the World a Better Place!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment