Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Cake in Mug

It has been one of those weeks. Crunch time before finals + no motivation = baking. It's my anti-stress so completely kosher. I recently was introduced to Pinterest. BLD: also known as bad life decision. It is an addicting, time waster, but there are endless recipes. Cake in a mug is perfect for a quick sweet tooth fix.






 The cakes took just about 5 minutes and there was minimal clean up. This recipe was found on my best friend's Pinterest before I got one of my own. It comes from the blog: Experiments of  Housewife.

Ingredients
  • 4 tbsp flour
  • 3 tbsp sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tbsp cocoa
  • 3 tbsp nutella/chocolate syrum
  • 3 tbsp milk
  • 3 tbsp oil
  • Pinch salt
Directions
  1. In a mug ( I use a 300 ml coffee mug), break the egg and whisk a little with a fork.
  2. Add milk, oil and mix together.
  3. Mix in the nutella well.
  4. Add sugar, cocoa, salt and espresso powder. Mix well.
  5. Fold in the flour with fork. Mix well but be careful as to not overmix else you will get a rubbery, tough texture.
  6. Microwave for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes on high. You will have to figure out how long you want to microwave. For me the cake is done after 2 min 45 sec.
  7. Let cool a bit and dig in.


1 comment: