Sunday, May 6, 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I love waking up and starting my day with a delicious bite to eat. When I am at school I often don't have time to eat breakfast, so now that summer has finally arrived, I begin with a classic breakfast treat: muffins.



My go-to recipe is usually blueberry-banana muffins, but I decided to try a new recipe. I made banana-applesauce muffins.

I added dark chocolate chips because my wise mother told me that if you have a little bit of dark chocolate in the morning it helps with weight loss. Not arguing with that, chocolate and weight loss in the same sentence...it's a go.



Ingredients

  • 3/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 tbs baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 cup mashed bananas
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup applesauce
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

  • Directions
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease muffin tin. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, beat the bananas, sugar, egg, and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture. Pour into muffin tin, and bake 15-20 minutes



    Recipe from The Reality of Skinny blog.

    -Baking the world a better place!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment