Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Strawberry Shortcake

Summer fun! I have very little time at home before going to Asheville to work at the best camp in the world for the summer, so I have been spending much of my time in the kitchen of course. I have not only been baking, while it is my forte, I do love making meals as well. On Monday afternoon, I got to spend some quality time with my mother. We went strawberry picking!! I was soo excited to get to do this since my room mate went a couple weeks ago. With fresh strawberries comes the classic of all recipes....strawberry shortcake.


The shortcake was so easy to make. It came out golden brown, light, and fluffy.

Ingredients

4 cups sliced strawberries (1 quart)
½ cup sugar
2⅓ cups Original Bisquick
½ cup milk
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted

Directions

Mix strawberries and 1/2 cup sugar; set aside. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Stir Bisquick, milk, 3 tablespoons sugar and butter until soft dough forms. Drop by 6 spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet OR spread evenly in 8×8 inch ungreased pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe from KeyIngredient.com (off my mother's online recipe box)               



We usually just pour heavy cream over the shortcake and strawberries, but I have become a whipped cream purist. It can only truly be done well by hand. I whisked for over half and hour, but it was by far the best whipped cream I have ever tasted.



I know my picture quality needs a lot of work, but atleast I'm trying. Finished product was soo delicious and the perfect summer treat!

-Baking the world a better place!


No comments:

Post a Comment