Monday, March 5, 2012

Decadently Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ladies and Gentlement, presenting my BEAU-tiful new KitchenAid Mixer. I am soo happy that my wonderful parents got me this amazing mixer for my birthday. I want to use it non-stop, unfortunately, school is getting in the way. On the bright side, I used it twice today! Second delicious creation...the classic chocolate chip cookie, with dark chocolate chips of course.


Mixer in action! Cookie dough is the best part of baking cookies from scratch, the smell, taste, even the excitment of what will come out of the oven!


We had to make an executive decision, it was a tie between my boyfriend and I about which way to bake the cookies. He usually bakes the dough all together like seen below, but I love making individual cookies. Well, I got my room mate to be the tie breaker, we had decided to do a regular batch style except when I got to putting the dough on the sheet my one track mind decided to please my boyfriend, oops.


Luckily.....there was some dough left over to make a regular batch as well! Let's be honest though, no matter which way you bake 'em deliciously decadent cookies come out of the oven.


I went the old fashioned route and got the recipe for the cookies off the back of the dark chocolate chip bag. While it is an easy way to find recipes, they never fail at being delicious.

Original Nestle Toll House Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 large eggs
1 (10 oz. bag) dark chocolate chips

1. preheat oven 375 degrees
2. combine flour, baking soda, and salt in small bowl
3. beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until creamy
4. add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
5. gradually add flour mixture
6. stir in dark chocolate chips


-Baking the world a better place!



No comments:

Post a Comment