Monday, March 12, 2012

Marble Blondies

I hate studying, frankly I'm not a huge fan of school, but it's gotta get done. So for a wee bit of motivation I study for a specific time then treat myself to a baking adventure then while it's in the oven I can study some more. Well, lack of motivation is even worse this week because on Thursday I am flying to Germany for 10 days for Spring Break. In order to get some studying done for my French exam tomorrow, I promised myself I would bake. Luckily for me, I had the right ingredients. I'm a huge fan of brownies, but sometimes it's good to branch out from good ol' chocolate brownies. this recipe incorporates two of my favorite things: chocolate and peanut butter...yuuuum!


This recipe is based off another Peanut Butter Chip bag recipe.

Ingredients
  •  1 stick butter
  • 1/3 cup peanut butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 10-oz bag of milk chocolate chips
  • 1/2 chocolate syrup
Instructions
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 13x9 baking pan
2. Beat butter and peanut butter in large bowl. Add sugar and brown sugar and beat well. Add in eggs one and a time and beat well. Add in vanilla
3. Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt then mix into peanut butter mixture. Make sure to blend well. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Spread half of batter in pan then pour chocolate syrup on top. Next spread other half of batter to create a marbled look on top.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes
6. I recommend eating warm with vanilla ice cream (sadly, we didn't have the ice cream)



Not only to I benefit from these baking ventures, but my room mates do as well, and they love it. When I'm baking, I know I've always got bowl cleaners close by.


Baking the world a better place!

1 comment:

  1. Nom. I can't wait until Lent is over so I can bake stuff from your blog :)

    ReplyDelete