Friday, March 9, 2012

Mocha Muffins

I've been jones-ing for muffins lately. So, with my wonderful Muffin cookbook, I put together a quick recipe of my own. This cookbook is amazing. Not only does it give recipes for sweet muffins, savory muffins, appetizer muffins, fruity muffins, and even healthy muffins (woah), but it includes a basic muffin recipe. The book is called 1 Mix, 100 Muffins and all I want to do it bake all the muffins in the world with it!


The muffins are great because there is only a hint of coffe which enhances the chocolate flavor. I recommend spreading a little butter on the muffins and eating while warm!


Ingredients

2 tbsp instant coffee
2 tbsp boiling water
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tbsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
heaping 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 heavy cream
6 tbsp sunflower oil or melted butter

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. grease muffin tin
3. sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder
4. stir in light brown sugar
5. lightley beat eggs, then beat in the cream, oil, and coffee
6.  add in dry ingredients to wet ingredients, make sure not to over mix
7. spoon into muffin tin, bake for 15-20 minutes

-Baking the world a better place!

1 comment:

  1. Yummm. I love muffins. I'm on such a breakfast food kick right now - granola, muffins, pancakes, oatmeal...

    ReplyDelete