Monday, March 5, 2012

Twist on Buttermilk Pancakes

When I was younger, my dad would always make the best pancakes. My brother's and I would call them bonkies. Now I like to make all different kinds of pancake recipes. Usually, I am a pancakes from scratch purist, but I've recently been introduced to some enticing recipes. This recipe I found on my best friend's blog, Skinny Muffin. Even though the recipe sounded delicious, I decided to put my own flair on the recipe.



Instead of using peanut butter, I decided to add in Nutella. I am addicted to Nutella, it's almost worse than my ranch addiction. Nutella + Pancakes = Pure Happiness


 I got a new mixer for my birthday recently and have been so excited to try it out. The pancakes were the first recipe I used on my new KitchenAid Mixer. If you know anything about cooking and kitchen tools, you know that having a KitchenAid is for me better than getting a car. I believe now that with my new mixer and will be unstoppable in the kitchen.


Another twist I made to the recipe is making a strawberry syrup for the pancakes. Fruit and Nutella never goes wrong.



Twist on Peanut Butter Buttermilk Pancakes: with Nutella
From Skinny Muffin

1/2 c flour
1/2 c buttermilk
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp sugar
Pinch of salt
1 egg white
Giant scoop nutella
1 tbsp vegetable oil
Instructions:
1. mix dry ingredients
2. add wet ingredients and mix well
3. make pancakes  

Strawberry Syrup
1. wash and cut strawberries
2. put in sauce pan with 1 cup sugar
3. let strawberries reduce to make syrup/compote


- Baking the world a better place!

1 comment: