Monday, March 26, 2012

When Life Gives you Ingredients...

...Bake!


When someone gives you ingredients, the only thing to do is think of all the recipes that they the ingredient can be used in. Today I got three very ripe bananas, oh the recipes that come to mind. Blueberry Banana Muffins, Banana Pudding, Banana nut muffins, and the list goes on.

Lucky recipe of tonight....Chocolate Banana Bread!



I made this delicious bread the night before I left for spring break. I was off adventuring in Germany for 10 amazing days. I don't usually sleep on planes so I thought it might help to stay up really late the night before and bake.




I think the best part of loving to cook is having so many cookbooks that you are guarunteed to have one with the recipe you are looking for. Oh another perk, is having extra batter to make muffins!!



Banana & Chocolate Loaf
From Baking Cookbook

Ingredients
~1 stick Butter
~2 ripe bananas
~1/2 cup sugar
~2 eggs
~1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
~1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
~1 tsp baking powder
~1-2 tbsp milk
~1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I used broken Hershey's Bars that I found in the freezer)

1. Grease loaf pan and flour. Peel bananas and mash in large bowl

2. Add butter, sugar, eggs, then sift flour, cocoa, and baking powder to bowl. Mix well until well blended. Add milk. Stir in chocolate chips

3. Spoon mixture into loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Let cool on rack for about 5 mintues then turn out and cool completely.


~Baking the World a better place!

No comments:

Post a Comment